Monday, January 19, 2015

What drives me. What drives you?

Everyone always asks me, " So what is the point of you going out and being naked in nature?"
It always takes me a minute to respond.  I try to think of simple ways to put it, but I always struggle to do so.

It's liberating is always the first thing I find myself saying.
Liberating because we spend so much of our time covering up, hiding our beautiful bodies with clothing.  Clothing that immediately throws us into a category by which brand/stlye we wear.
For that one day we decide to hike a trail or climb a mountain and get naked, we free ourselves from those categories.  In that brief moment, we are free from whatever categories people have put us in.
Since starting these adventures a year and a half ago, I have learned that I love my body no matter how many dimples my ass has.
Personally, I feel this is what I needed more of; loving my body. I do not need any brand name clothes to make me love it, I just need it.

It's a way for my to rebel in the purest form.

It's  rebellion  because we have been raised in a society that does not want us to be naked. At least not outside of our own property.  For me,  knowing that I am naked outside where I could potentially get (legally) in trouble, is my driving force.

*** I realize that what I believe does not resonate with everyone, and that we have our own reason for getting out there and baring it all.  I want to hear your reasons, maybe it's because you just like being naked, or airing it out after a long hard hike.  


5 comments:

  1. No it does not make sense to everyone but I do exactly the same as you , getting naked in the nature and posting pictures on Instagram (had a similar profile picture as you, naked back). Now I removed it as I am getting lots of attention of the wrong kind, being a man is harder I guess. But lots of positive comments too from women and men, but the men are almost all barking up the wrong tree if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what drives me why do I do it. Easy, likes to be naked and what's better than outdoors where you can feel the sun and the cold on your bare body. What can be more liberating. Why sharing on Instagram? To make a point. See other peoples reactions and also to get some attention. What is nicer than to get many likes and nice comments on a picture as personal as your naked body. Let's see if I am brave enough to email or DM a picture to you of me naked in the snow or on a beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not I say...I live the lifestyle and blog about it too and I couldn't think of anything better 😊

      Delete
  3. If that person is asking what's the big deal of being naked he should try it it's self there's nothing better being naked in the woods

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that person is asking what's the big deal of being naked he should try it it's self there's nothing better being naked in the woods

    ReplyDelete